TheStartup.com is building an entrepreneurial ecosystem that delivers vetted software and services to the startup community. We are curating the startup landscape to help founders and established businesses identify and achieve their business’ next best actions.
Our platform caters to all aspects of the business lifecycle. We provide educational resources to inform entrepreneurs. Give them access to the best in class tools and services to facilitate their development. Offer them access to funding when they are ready for it. And connect them with experienced mentors in their industries to help guide them along the path ‘From Idea to IPO’.
Our purpose is to help founders at all stages grow their business to the point where they can land that big customer or secure the investment they need to fuel their business growth
Who you are:
Are you constantly finding inspiration in the every day to turn the ordinary into the extraordinary? Do you have solid judgement to understand how something will be perceived? Can you motivate and inspire entrepreneurs and investors, while ensuring you keep on message with our brand offerings? If you combine this creative flair with the business savvy to know how to run a creative project from start to finish – on time and in budget – as well as having proven experience of leveraging creative to drive business results, then this is the role for you.
What your role will entail:
- Develop and implement the annual marketing communication plans across our various social media platforms.
- Create clear and powerful briefs resulting in customer insight focused creative that delivers on brand metrics and commercial targets.
- Work collaboratively with the management team as we develop new segments to our offering and keep our following apprised of our progress to date.
- Communicate with internal stakeholders about campaign launches, new opportunities, and brand performance.
- Work closely with the head of the brand to deliver relevant and actionable brand tracking, business intelligence and insights.
- Plan and manage the production and media budget for the year.
- Liaise with TheStartup.com on relevant initiatives impacting on the entrepreneurial ecosystem while also keeping them updated on the competitions brand campaigns.
- Understand customer behaviors and trends to deliver meaningful insights that champion customers needs.
- Ensure the integrity of the brand is maintained across all brand touchpoints and company communications.
What we are looking for:
Ideally, you will:
- Have a degree in any discipline and an interest in entrepreneurship, commerce, finance, and or digital marketing.
- Have demonstrable experience of multitasking, prioritizing your workload and meeting deadlines under pressure.
- Be a natural communicator with excellent skills in training, educating and supporting entrepreneurial and business functions.
- Have a capability to connect – automate – execute and all with focus, impact, and imagination.
- Have proven background of working with the latest technology stacks (Hubspot, Mailchimp, WordPress, Google AdWords, Google My Business, Impact, SEMrush, Cyfe).
- Commercially minded, action orientated with the confidence to challenge and prioritize.
- Have excellent copywriting skills.
- Be highly organized and methodical, with an eye for detail.
- Have good time management skills, with the ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
And demonstrate the following:
- A desire to learn, a creative mindset, willingness to test and try new things.
- Being a good team player who is positive and biased to action.
- Great communication skills; a good listener with the ability to persuade and show empathy.
- Marketing knowledge or experience or an interest in the subject.
- A real interest in crowdfunding, alternative finance or entrepreneurialism is a bonus. Experience in scale-ups and startups or interest and passion for helping to guide the next generation of entrepreneurs.
What we are offering:
This is a great opportunity to learn all about crowdfunding and what makes a successful campaign but you’ll also learn a lot from the different teams you’ll get to interact with, picking up skills in marketing, finance and compliance for instance. We like to nurture talent and ensure members of our team develop and hone their skills through training, attending conferences, subscriptions to online courses, and participation in hackathons. We’re passionate and hard working, and we take care of our team:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment
- Work directly with management
Our policy is to employ the best-qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.