TheStartup.com is building an entrepreneurial ecosystem that delivers vetted software and services to the startup community. We are curating the startup landscape to help founders and established businesses identify and achieve their next best actions.
Our software platform provides businesses with the tools, services, mentorship, and access to an entrepreneurial social network. We help startups and scaleups grow at pace in an environment which is fast moving, interactive, and friendly.
TheStartup.com is seeking a website and software UI/UX designer to improve the interaction design and layout of its flagship software platform, Your Ecosystem.
A UI/UX designer in this position plays a key role in defining the interaction design, the user process flows, and overall user experience that each of our user groups will encounter as they use the platform. This role requires working in a small team, directly with management in a tight-knit environment. The role includes responsibilities for taking leadership in interface design, interaction design, user journey mapping, managing project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
What We’re Building
Your Ecosystem is an idea vetting and business management dashboard tool which helps startups identify their core addressable action plan and puts them on a step by step plan to achieve their goals. Our team has extensive experience in the entrepreneurial ecosystem and is seeking to guide founders through a landscape which is massive, fragmented, and at times, overwhelming.
We have enrolled in Enterprise Ireland’s competitive startup fund and are in the process of rebuilding and relaunching our flagship platform. We have an established presence in the Irish and US markets and are seeking to grow our user base through rapid expansion and development of our offerings.
If you are looking for an experience which will be dynamic, exciting, and the opportunity to work for a young tech startup, then get in touch with our team today.
- Visualization of the user journey across multiple applications
- Identify efficiency gains which could be implemented
- Creation of a style guide for the software platform and associated websites
- Creation of personas, experience maps, and wireframes
- Creation of prototypes to validate design concepts with stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Collaborate with various internal stakeholders including software developers, management, head of brand and marketing
Required Professional Expertise
- Qualification in UX or a related field such as computer science or multimedia design
- 2+ years of experience of design work with a focus on UX
- A strong online portfolio which demonstrates an understanding of UX/UI
- Experience with responsive web and mobile design
- Extensive experience of image editing software such as Photoshop or Illustrator
- Understanding of user-centered design, user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, information design/architecture, and user psychology
- Strong analytical skills with keen attention to detail
- Solutions focused with a proven track record as a problem solver
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work across multiple projects at once
- Well organized with a proven track record in meeting challenging deadlines
- Highly articulate with the ability to lead / direct cross-functional workshops
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills both in a project environment and with business stakeholders