TheStartup.com is building an entrepreneurial ecosystem that delivers vetted software and services to the startup community. We are curating the startup landscape to help founders and established businesses identify and achieve their business’ next best actions.
Our software platform provides businesses with the tools, services, mentorship, and entrepreneurial social network to grow at pace in an environment which is fast moving, interactive, and friendly.
TheStartup.com is seeking a full stack Software Engineer to join our team. As a Software Engineer in this position plays a key role in creating, developing, validating, and deploying innovative solutions that utilize algorithmic models to enable the core functionality of our software platform, Your Ecosystem. This role requires working in a small team, directly with management in a tight-knit environment. The role includes responsibilities for taking leadership in software implementation and testing, managing individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
What We’re Building
Your Ecosystem is an idea vetting and business management dashboard tool which helps startups identify their core addressable action plan and puts them on a step by step plan to achieve their goals. Our team has extensive experience in the entrepreneurial ecosystem and is seeking to guide founders through a landscape which is massive, fragmented, and at times, overwhelming.
We have enrolled in Enterprise Ireland’s competitive startup fund and are in the process of rebuilding and relaunching our flagship platform. We have an established presence in the Irish and US markets and are seeking to grow our user base through rapid expansion and development of our offerings.
If you are looking for an experience which will be dynamic, exciting, and the opportunity to work for a young tech startup, then get in touch with our team today.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- MS degree in computer science, MSISS, physics, statistics or engineering with considerable and current experience in software development.
- Experience building demonstration-level analytics applications including experience with multiple ML architectures.
- Extensive experience in frontend website development working directly with the code base and through tools e.g. WordPress. Experience with SSL certificates, DNS management, and cybersecurity is a plus.
- Experience in UI/UX and interaction design for large scale software applications.
- Experience of teamwork as evidenced through serving in different roles within software development teams to deliver working technical solutions.
- Experience with collaborative and agile management tools including GitHub and scripting languages.
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills. Ability to understand, articulate and document business and technical requirements.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
Experience with cloud environments: Azure, and relational databases.
It is helpful for this role to have some understanding of cloud architecture, analytics and security including cloud architectural models and it’s desirable for the candidate to come with a background of practical application and understanding of a variety of skills in software development micro-services, containers, and container orchestration
Strong development skills, agile development knowledge, experience in development of modular-components with integration into multiple environments for testing purposes, and the ability to solve problems will be helpful to be effective in the role.