What We’re Building
TheStartup.com is building an entrepreneurial ecosystem that delivers vetted software and services to the startup community. We are curating the startup landscape to help founders and established businesses identify and achieve their business’ next best actions.
Our software platform provides businesses with the tools, services, mentorship, and entrepreneurial social network to grow at pace in an environment which is fast moving, interactive, and friendly.
As part of our offering, we give founders the opportunity to raise capital at the earliest stages of their startup’s development. Our equity crowdfunding platform, TheStartupCrowd, is the first port of call for startups to fuel their growth and solidify their presence in the market with a wide-reaching crowdfunding campaign.
TheStartupCrowd is looking for a manager to take on the task of liaising with founders to list their businesses on our platform and raise investment. We’re looking for a bright, passionate and organized individual to join our fast-paced and dynamic crowdfunding team.
As an Equity Campaign Manager, you will use your prioritization and communication skills, and your attention to detail to help the team launch new equity crowdfunding campaigns on the TheStartupCrowd platform.
You’ll be working closely with the other members of TheStartup.com team as well as our legal counsel, compliance and marketing team. You’ll learn how to craft compliant, exciting and impactful pitches and instill the skills and knowledge in your clients to maximize their chances of raising funds successfully for their business.
Day to day you will be involved in:
- Managing entrepreneur support inquiries – phone, email, chat
- Educating on and reviewing crowdfunding strategy
- Chasing entrepreneur pitch progress
- Prioritizing work from a large and challenging pipeline
- Recommending internal and external process developments
What we are looking for:
You’ll be able to demonstrate a logical approach to working under pressure and great communication skills. You are detail-oriented, methodical and organized, so your work is accurate but this doesn’t slow you down. You tackle any new challenge with heaps of energy, you come up with new ideas and are comfortable asking questions. Don’t worry if this doesn’t all make sense right now, you’ll be a whizz in no time.
We’re looking for a strategically minded, impact focussed individual to help build a rhythm, process, and automation within our equity crowdfunding platform. As part of this role, you will be utilizing the latest technology and systems to improve upon your ability to help startups flourish. We are looking for an independent problem solver who knows how to use existing technology stacks to automate manual tasks and improve the efficiency of both your work and TheStartupCrowd platform as a whole.
Ideally, you will:
- Have a degree in any discipline and an interest in entrepreneurship, commerce, finance, and or digital marketing
- Have demonstrable experience of multitasking, prioritizing your workload and meeting deadlines under pressure.
- Be a natural communicator with excellent skills in training, educating and supporting raise functions.
- Have a capability to connect – automate – execute and all with focus, impact, and imagination.
- Have proven background of working with the latest technology stacks (KnowYourCustomer.com, Hubspot, Mailchimp, Stripe, LSTE, WordPress).
- Commercially minded, action orientated with the confidence to challenge and prioritize.
- Be a highly analytical and inquisitive nature with a desire to prove, measure, test and learn.
- Have a natural drive to fail, learn, innovate and improve.
- Have excellent copywriting skills.
- Be highly organized and methodical, with an eye for detail.
- Have good time management skills, with the ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Be a technology-minded problem solver who is both empathetic and demanding while setting and expecting high standards.
And demonstrate the following:
- A desire to learn, a creative mindset, willingness to test and try new things.
- Being a good team player who is positive and biased to action.
- Great communication skills; a good listener with the ability to persuade and show empathy.
- Marketing knowledge or experience or an interest in the subject.
- A real interest in crowdfunding, alternative finance or entrepreneurialism is a bonus. Experience in scale-ups and startups or interest and passion for funding the next generation of entrepreneurs.
What we are offering:
This is a great opportunity to learn all about crowdfunding and what makes a successful campaign but you’ll also learn a lot from the different teams you’ll get to interact with, picking up skills in marketing, finance, and compliance for instance. We like to nurture talent and ensure members of our team develop and hone their skills through training, attending conferences, subscriptions to online courses, and participation in hackathons. We’re passionate and hard-working, and we take care of our team:
- Carry on funds raised through the platform.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
- Opportunity to gain early equity participation in startup businesses.
- Work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
- Work directly with management.
Our policy is to employ the best-qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.